Italian Herbed Potato Frittata
This delicious brunch dish is just as good the next day. Great served with crusty bread and a light green salad.
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon mustard seeds
2 medium shallots, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped
1-2 tablespoons water
2 large Yukon gold potatoes,
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon each of:
fresh dill, thyme, chives
5 eggs, beaten
1 cup cheddar, shredded
Sea salt & pepper
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet; sauté mustard seeds till they pop and turn gray.
- Add shallots and garlic; fry till onions turn limp.
- Add potato, tomato, tamari and water; stir well. Cover and cook till potatoes are tender, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add herbs, stir well and cook for 1 minute.
- Add eggs and let run under cooked veggies and herbs till eggs are set.
- Season with sea salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle on cheese.
- Either pop under broiler for 2 minutes or cover with fitted lid to melt cheese.