Tofu Scrambled Eggs
This easy, quick and satisfying omelet is a breeze to whip up and enjoy.
4 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon tamari or
1 14. oz tub silken tofu, mashed
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
2 shallots, chopped
½ cup chives
1 teaspoon sea salt
Fresh ground white pepper
½ cup cilantro, for garnish
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet.
- Sauté shallots 2 minutes; add mushrooms and lightly brown.
- Meanwhile, mix silken tofu with beaten eggs.
- Add tofu-egg mix to shallot-mushroom mix and scramble till lightly set.
- Add chives just before turning off heat and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Delicious with salsa and crusty bread dipped in olive oil (or butter).