It is only through meditation that we can get lasting peace, divine peace. – Sri Chinmoy
The Miami Sri Chinmoy Centre offers bilingual meditation clases in the Miami area throughout the year in Spanish and English as a community service for the area. We welcome seekers of all faiths and all levels of experience in the firm belief that we are all eternal beginners.
Interested in getting details of the next class? Contact us »
About the Miami Sri Chinmoy Centre
The Sri Chinmoy Miami Centre was one of the first centres established in the United States, 36 years ago. Today we are a small community of seekers who meet twice a week for meditation, singing and spiritual projects.
In addition, our members participate in many national and international Centre activities such as the Sri Chinmoy Oneness-Home Peace Run, Oneness Heart Tears and Smiles (international humanitarian service), literary and musical projects and meditation classes which we offer to the south Florida community.
We also meet frequently with our fellow Sri Chinmoy Centre members in Tampa and Hialeah for joy days, sport and meditation activities.
We are a bilingual Spanish-English centre, but it would be a real pleasure to talk to you in French, Russian, Croatian or Creole since we have members who speak these languages as well.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Members of the Sri Chinmoy Centre Who Give Meditation Classes
Drishti and Durjaya Pliske practiced meditation with Sri Chinmoy since the early 1970s and have been offering meditation instruction as a public service since 1976 in south Florida.
What we teach in our classes
- Breathing exercises: Breathing exercises to calm emotions and focus thoughts.
- Mantra and music: Spiritually infused words, phrases, music and songs to bring forward inner peace.
- Visualizations: Guided exercises to connect to your spiritual heart.
- Enlightening life's habits: Transforming bad habits and thought patterns of a lifetime.
- Meditating in the Heart: Expanding the heart centre (chakra), the safest and most accessible energy center for developing meditation.